Instructional Design Consultation & Project Management
The Distance Learning Unit provides instructional design and course production services for faculty seeking to develop online Distance Learning courses and programs.
- Needs analysis of target audience
- Curriculum mapping of learning outcomes to assessments
- Course blueprint design for course pedagogy
- Development of online courses aligned with University of Florida Standards and Markers of Excellence
- Innovative methodologies and technology to support online instruction
- Evaluation strategies within Canvas for determining effectiveness of online instruction and assessments
If you are interested in developing either a fully online distance learning program or in need of instructional design and course production assistance, please submit a request through the University of Florida Assistance for Teaching website.
Course Design Consultation
The Distance Learning Unit also provides limited course design consultation and basic course setup for non-credit Professional Development online courses and programs.
- Canvas shell setup
- Online course template provided
- Access to resources, best practices and University of Florida standards for online learning
- Development of educational interactive activities that fully engage students with the course content
- Instructional designer consultation meeting
For assistance in setting up a non-credit online continuing education course or program, please submit a request through the University of Florida Assistance for Teaching website.