The Distance Learning Unit provides instructional design and course production assistance for faculty wishing to develop distance learning courses and programs. If you are interested in developing either a fully online distance learning program or in need of instructional design and course production assistance please visit the University of Florida official website for course production assistance.
The Distance Learning Unit also provides limited course design consultation and basic course set up for non-credit continuing education online courses and programs. To request assistance in setting up a non credit online continuing education course or program please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Distance Learning Unit provides the following services:
Instructional Design Consultation with project management for the following services:
- Needs analysis of target audience
- Curriculum map of learning outcomes to assessments
- Course blueprint design for course pedagogy
- Development of online courses aligned with UF Markers of Excellence
- Innovative methodologies and technology to support online instruction
- Evaluation strategies within Sakai for determining effectiveness of online instruction and assessments
The University of Florida official website for course production offers assistance if you are interested in developing a fully online program or would like a consultation with an instructional designer.
The Distance Learning Unit also provides the following consultation services for non-credit online continuing education:
Limited Course Design Consultation with the following services:
- Sakai shell setup
- Online course template provided
- Access to resources, best practices and UF standards for online learning
- Instructional designer consultation meeting
Non-credit continuing education instructional design assistance may be requested by sending an email to email@example.com.